Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Because We Are All Equal



I'm so glad you stopped by the blog for the Hop Against Homophobia! If you're like me, you'd like to see everyone treated equally and have the right to do what they want - like get married. If you're on the fence, take some time to really read the posts and think about your stance.

What are my thoughts on homophobia? According to the all mighty Wikipedia: Homophobia is observable in critical and hostile behavior such as discrimination and violence on the basis of a non-heterosexual orientation.

I look at it this way. I'm a girl with blue hair and a few piercings. No tats because I don't know what I want permanently on me, but I have no aversion to them. I write erotic works and read whatever I can get my hands on. I like my kink. I don't want to be judged because of the way I look or who I love. I don't think anyone should be judged that way--be it black, white, green, purple, gay, lesbian, or transgender... Why? We love who we love and we look the way that makes us feel good about ourselves. Doesn't everyone deserve that right? I think so.

I have a family member who came out a few years back. I love her dearly. She struggled with coming to grips with what she wanted and who she was deep down inside. Lots of people didn't want to know she was a lesbian. I can recall emails we shared where we talked about how some folks react when they find out loved ones are gay. She'd been in situations where she wasn't accepted. I assured her that even if I'm a handful of states away, I still love her and back her in whatever decision she makes. Her orientation doesn't bother me a bit. Thankfully for her, she's got the support of her family, like me, and a loving wife. Yep. She was lucky enough to find that one person to make her whole. I'm glad, too. They are a great couple.

If you know someone who is gay, lesbian, transgender, bisexual, queer, or even straight, give them a hug. Tell them you love them no matter what. You'll feel better for it and will make their day. I promise.

So what do you have to do? Open your mind. Grin. And if you want to be in the hat for a prize...in this case, it's a pdf of Under and Over It. (You can read more about the book here.) The pdf is available to all entrants, international or not. So what do you have to do? Leave your name, email and comment on your LBGTQ read. That's it!

I won't lie. I'd love for you to follow me on Facebook, follow my blog, and to follow me on Twitter, or you can sign up for my newsletter. Joining, friending, following isn't expected. Do that because you want to. It's not mandatory to win. The contest ends May 20th, so act now. I'll announce the winner right here on the blog on May 21st as well as I'll email the winner!

I'll bet, now that you've read the post and commented, you want to follow the rest of the tour? I thought you might. Grin. Here's the link to the rest of the Hop Against Homophobia. Thanks for stopping. Good luck!

25 comments:

Cherie Noel said...

Love your post. This hop is good stuff.

cherienoel@yahoo.com

Vicktor Alexander said...

Thank you for this post Megan. It was so cute and informative. Glad you're taking a stand today.

vicktorabailey@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Hi megan. Great post, thanks. We should all be accepted for who we are, and i am working on this with my kids now so that when they are older, they will look at people individually and not on preconceived ideas of someone else.
Suze
Littlesuze@hotmail.com

Anne Brooke said...

This is a great event - and a great post! We should all have the freedom to be who we are :))

Anne
xxx

albrookeATmeDOTcom

KimberlyFDR said...

Love should always triumph over hate and I believe it always will :)

KimberlyFDR
kimberlyFDR@yahoo.com

DawnsReadingNook said...

Wonderful post. Love isn't colorblind nor does it care if you love a man, woman or alien. It doesn't discriminate.

Andrea said...

Great post and I decided to follow just because I wanted to ;)

andreagrendahl AT gmail DOT com

kerry said...

thank you for sharing this with us today. I think this is an important cause that needs the spotlight shining on it.

musings-of-a-bookworm@hotmail.co.uk

Dawn Flemington said...

loved this post -- as for my husband and I (we are both bi) - We have several bi family members, one gay and one trans in our blended families and yes, if you know someone who is GLBTQ -- give them a hug... we count too! I am a new follower... keep up the great writing...romancewiththeflemingtonsDOTblogspotDOTcom...

April Alvey said...

Love This Cause My Brother in law Is Gay And I Am Bi So its A Great Cause Thanks So Much.

April Alvey said...

ooops my email is butterfli262002@yahoo.com

w t prater said...

THank you for your blog, and for being a part of HAH! ---wtprater

Anonymous said...

Great post, and I love the hop. I love M/M because there's such a range of material. Much like love itself.

vitajex(at)aol(dot)com

wulf said...

Glad you are participating in the blog hop. I'm reading some very interesting posts :)

penumbrareads(at)gmail(dot)com

Foretta said...

I showed a bunch of these post to the teens in my family to show them how hurt some "innocent" remarks are to many others. I get so annoyed when my nephew says "you're so gay". ERRRR drove me crazy. I know he didn't mean anything by it but it is so wrong to use that as a saying. I think that these post have helped. Thank you all for sharing with us!
forettarose@yahoo.com

PaParanormalFan Renee said...

Hello Megan,

I believe everyone deserves to be Openly Happy in Life, to be with the Person who Loves & Completes Them, without having to be subjected to the ignorance of some close-minded people. True Love does not see Race, Gender, Socio-Economic Status, etc….if people understood that, there would be so much more Happiness in this World.

My interest in Erotic Fiction is primarily M/M Genres & Ménage; M/M/M, M/F/M, M/M/F, M/M/M/M, M/M/F/M, M/M/F/M/M....LOL I think you get the idea. Of course enjoy sub-genre of everything Paranormal (I suppose you figured that out by my name, PaParanormalFan LOL); Vampires, Dhampirs, Werewolves, Shape-Shifters, Dragons, Demons, Gargoyles, Incubus, Succubus, Mermen, Sirens, Satyr, Elves, Faeries, Witches, Warlocks, Ghosts, Zombies....as well as the sub-genres of BDSM, Cowboy/Western, Contemporary Romance, Interracial Romance, Romantic Comedy, Futuristic Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Mystery/Suspense & Historical/Regency....of course all with some Smokin’ Hot ManLove going on. ;) LOL But I'm also a Loyal Fan to several Paranormal & Erotic Authors that write M/F as well.

I would very much appreciate the opportunity to be considered in your very generous giveaway for a chance to win a pdf copy of “Under and Over It”.
Thank You for participating in the Hop Against Homophobia.

Take care & Stay Naughty,
PaParanormalFan Renee
paranormalromancefan@yahoo.com

PaParanormalFan Renee said...

I forgot that I Follow You & Wendi’s Blog & Newsletter via my email paranormalromancefan@yahoo.com
& also GFC Follower & Goodreads Friends under my name PaParanormalFan.

Yvette said...

Thanks for the post and I definitely follow....
Yvette
yratpatrol@aol.com

L.M. Brown said...

Thanks for joining in the hop and sharing your story. Your family member is lucky to have such support.

lmbrownauthor at gmail dot com

N.J. Nielsen said...

Thanks for participating and sharing your great post with us all.

normanielsen@bigpond.com

Erica Pike said...

I made a realization just now that I still have over 150 blogs to read before tonight, and I'll never make it at this rate - especially since my ex decided to drop the kids off super early - so I'm leaving a quick thank you for taking part and please enter me into your contest (call me greedy, but I am a lover of books!). Then I'm reading the blogs at my lazure - without the time limit. I love reading these blogs. Each and every entry is amazing.

But just so I'm eligible, I love reading m/m books. I haven't tried f/f books or trans* books, but those are on my to-read list. My favorites are the Zathyn Priest and SJ Frost books - but I have Under and Over It on my to-read list ^.^

Erica
eripike at gmail dot com

JoAnna said...

Thanks for participating in this great hop. I'm looking forward to Tara Lain's Beach Balls coming out in 2 weeks.

beckerjo at verizon dot net

gigi said...

Thanks for participating in the HOP.

gisu29(at)gmail(dot)com

Mel Bourn said...

Good post! thanks,
Mel
bournmelissa at hotmail dot com

Emily said...

Love your post, thanks so much for sharing and participating!!

tiger-chick-1(at)hotmail(dot)com